18 March 2014
Meatless Monday: Go thee entire day without eating meat or bread
Tiny Tuesday: Eat the correct food portion sizes!
Weightless Wednesday: Weigh myself (middle of the week)
Exercise today! (choose your three best days to exercise, if not everyday!)
Thirsty Thursday: Drink 6-8 glasses of Water ONLY
No gas drinks/juice/ tea or coffee, etc
Fruity Friday: Make sure each meal today includes a fruit!
(should have 7-8 servings per day)
Savory Saturdays & Sweet Sundays: Treat yourself twice this weekend!
9 July 2013
20 January 2013
Time for news on health…:)
So I have a few health facts that I’ve collected over the years…
[These were collected from Mary-Anne Shearer in the Oct/Nov 2006 issue of TRUTH]
It upsets the endocrine system as a result of upsetting the blood sugar. This can cause small pimples and even flare-ups; try eating plenty of fresh fruit and preservative-free dried fruit to satisfy those sugar cravings!
There’s actually a protein found in bread called gluten that causes the problem. Gluten is found in wheat, rye and oat products (to a lesser degree) and can result in severe acne in some cases. Replace with rice, rice cakes, mealies, gluten free pasta or rice noodles and potatoes.
Masks you should try out…
Masks are very useful for treating skin problems like acne and are also effective for dry and flaky skins. The purpose of using a mask is to give your skin an intensive treatment that provides nourishment and removes impurities at the same time.
- Try an oatmeal and honey mask that you can mix up in the kitchen
#Avocado Night Mask
- Mash a ripe avocado, smooth over the face and leave for 10 minutes.
- Remove most of the mask with a tissue, leaving just a trace on the skin’s surface.
- During the night, the remaining oils will condition and nourish the skin. J
- Mash a ripe banana with one teaspoon of honey and a dash of cream.
- Apply to the face and leave on for 10 minutes.
- Make a clay mask by whisking an egg white with 20ml of Fuller’s earth.
- Add a few drops of peppermint oil to the mixture.
- Apply evenly to the skin and leave to dry, and then rinse off with warm water.